Discrepancy with .reloc section between PE and PE+ emulations when linking -r.

Kai Tietz ktietz70@googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:45:00 GMT 2009

2009/2/13 Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com>:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>  So, it starts to look like pe.em shouldn't be doing this for a relocatable
> link, rather than that pep.em should, and like I need to adjust the
> troublesome long section name tests mentioned in my other recent post to
> remove the check for the presence of a .reloc section, yesnomaybe?

Yes, this I fixed for pep.em some time ago. I wasn't aware that PE has
the same problem and didn't wanted to break something working. I had
an user request for PE+ that relocatable linkt was broken for it, and
I found that in this case no .reloc has to be emitted as spec says in
6.6

Cheers,
Kai