PR9743 / ARM: long branch stubs to PLT

Christophe LYON christophe.lyon@st.com
Thu Feb 5 16:28:00 GMT 2009


Hello,

I propose the attached patch to fix PR9743. In summary, long branch 
stubs were not inserted if the target was a PLT entry. In addition to 
adding support for these, I:

- took this opportunity to improve some comments and rename the stubs in 
a hopefully more consistent way.

- fixed a stub in thumb only mode (elf32_arm_stub_long_branch_thumb_only).

- I hope I got all the stubs right this time :-)

- I removed some interworking warnings because I don't feel very 
confortable with them. More skilled people are welcome to explain me if 
I got it wrong.

- I added a few new tests for the new stubs, and updated a few old ones.

- validated on arm-none-eabi, arm-linux-gnueabi, arm-elf.

- I also checked that GCC's cc1-dummy now links in the configuration of 
the original bug report - and "cc1-dummy --help" correctly displays the 
help message.

Christophe.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: ChangeLog.bfd
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20090205/6c6711ff/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: ChangeLog.testsuite
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20090205/6c6711ff/attachment-0001.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: ld.patch
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20090205/6c6711ff/attachment-0002.ksh>


More information about the Binutils mailing list