assembler relaxation

nagaraju.m nagaraju.m@redpinesignals.com
Mon Dec 28 07:27:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

    I am struck in assembler relaxation case...

    I have ported Binutils to a new port. My problem is that in a 16-bit
instruction if the constant range is exceeded then I need to emit  2
instructions. I have referred other architectures and did it and my
assembler is generating instructions them. While running some bench mark
codes it is observed instead of generating two instructions it is
generating 1-st instruction correctly and for other instruction it is
appending Zero's as a result it got struck up.

Thanks,
Nagaraju M