using link map to go from address to symbol
Michael Winslow
Michael.Winslow@novariant.com
Tue Aug 25 03:32:00 GMT 2009
I'm looking to go from addresses to symbols. In the past, I've used
addr2line to go from program addresses back to their corresponding
location in source. But I'm in a circumstance now where I have a
stripped executable with a (pretty large - ~30MB) link map. I'd like to
be able to use the link map to at least get to function or routine
names, assuming they haven't been optimized away. So far, I've been
manually searching through the link map to try to figure out what the
address corresponds to in my source. But I'm wondering if there isn't
an easier or more automated way of going backwards with that link map.
Is there some tool similar to addr2line that will work on maps instead
of executables?
Thanks,
Michael
More information about the Binutils
mailing list