[Xtensa Patch] Use custom copy function for vinsns

Sterling Augustine sterling@tensilica.com
Thu Aug 20 19:37:00 GMT 2009

While looking at the performance issues for my last check in, I noticed
several other performance bottlenecks in the Xtensa port.

I have committed this patch which addresses one of them: vinsns are
sized for worst case configurations, but the vast majority of
configurations aren't worst case. The enclosed patch maintains the
worst-case sizing, but adds a custom copy function for this data
structure which only copies the actual case, thereby improving
performance substantially on most configs.

Sterling

2009-08-20  Sterling Augustine  <sterling@jaw.hq.tensilica.com>

	* config/tc-xtensa.c (xg_copy_vinsn): New function.
	(finish_vinsn): Call xg_copy_vinsn.