[patch gas]: Add pseudos for generation of runtime function entries by gas

Kai Tietz ktietz70@googlemail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:57:00 GMT 2009


2009/8/17 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>:
> Hi Kai,
>
>> Ups, I found one typo within patch file, which prevents build. So here
>> the update of the patch.
>
> Approved - please apply.
>
> Just FYI - I am not a fan of prototypes for static functions, eg:
>
>  static seh_kind seh_get_target_kind (void);
>
> Most of the time these are unnecessary - just make sure that the function is
> defined before it is used.  Having the prototype does not help the compiler,
> wastes space in the source file and means that there are two places to edit
> when changing the parameters or return type of the function.  Of course
> there are situations where the prototype is needed, such as mutual
> recursion, but these are the exception rather than the rule.
>
> Cheers
>  Nick
>

Well, I liked to group those functions, therefore I added those static
function prototypes. But I'll begin to clean them up, so that just the
necessary ones are remaining.

Thanks for reviewing, applied.

Cheers,
Kai


-- 
|  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
| (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
| (")_(") him gain world domination



More information about the Binutils mailing list