[PATCH] gold: add cast to gold_unreachable to workaround gcc giving invalid "no return statement" warnings

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Aug 14 09:36:00 GMT 2009


Mikolaj Zalewski <mikolajz@google.com> writes:

>   Yes, this patch works.

Thanks for checking.

Committed.

Ian

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Ian Lance Taylor<iant@google.com> wrote:
>> Mikolaj Zalewski <mikolajz@google.com> writes:
>>
>>>   I couldn't compile gold today because of the "no return statement"
>>> warning when using gold_unreachable. At
>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2007-11/msg01605.html I've found a
>>> workaround that should work for gcc >= 3.4. Such a patch that affects
>>> only gold_unreachable is ok?
>>>
>>> 2009-08-13  Mikolaj Zalewski  <mikolajz@google.com>
>>>
>>>       * gold.h (gold_unreachable): Add a cast.
>>
>> I would prefer a patch like this one, which gives us a way to clean it
>> up a few years down the road.  Could you check whether this solves the
>> problem for you?  If it does, I'll commit it.  Thanks.
>>
>> Ian
>>
>>
>> 2009-08-14  Ian Lance Taylor  <iant@google.com>
>>
>>        * gold.h (FUNCTION_NAME): Define.
>>        (gold_unreachable): Use FUNCTION_NAME.
>>
>>
>>



More information about the Binutils mailing list