ARM-ELF -> PE-COFF with objcopy

Pedro Alves pedro@codesourcery.com
Tue Apr 28 17:29:00 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009 17:17:35, Dave Korn wrote:
> pps wrote:
> > Dave Korn wrote:
>
> >>   What about this whole ELF->PE post-linking stuff that symbian arm-eabi
> >> targets apparently do?  Could that be adapted for wince?

Thanks, but no thanks.  CE runs on more platforms than just ARM.  It
also runs on x86, MIPS and SH.   Why go through the trouble of
writing an extra indirection layer when you can have the tools
output the native format?  What about binary tool and link
compatibility with the native tools?  Symbian avoids this last
issue, because, well, they *are* the native tools.  Are you
planning on making cygwin or i386-mingw use a post-linking
process? ;-)

--
Pedro Alves