Binutils 2.19.1 Released (trying to build for AVR)

Egbert Jan van den Bussche egbert@vandenbussche.nl
Fri Apr 17 14:27:00 GMT 2009

It is a very unimportant problem anyway and has not really to do with the
source being plainly wrong. It is just the possible security issue that is
now flagged more prominently. I could not find a direct reference to
binutils when googling for the error message though... I found several other
packages that were affected and there was suggested to add the format
specifier. Replacing the sprintf by a strcpy is maybe a much neater
solution. Why using sprintf anyway if you want to do just a string copy.

Egbert Jan