allocating starting at top of memory with ld?

Galen Seitz galens@seitzassoc.com
Wed Apr 15 20:18:00 GMT 2009

When linking I would like to allocate input sections starting from the
highest memory address of an output section and working downwards.
For example, given a memory area that starts at 0 and is 64KB in size,
and an input section that is 4KB in size, I would like to have the
input section located at 0xf000.  Additional input sections would be
located below this.

It seems unlikely that I'm the first person to want to do this, but my
searches have come up empty.

thanks,
galen
--