patches for Irix binutils 2.18 -- removal of some casts

Jay jay.krell@cornell.edu
Thu Oct 23 18:11:00 GMT 2008

Um, tangential question:

Is it essentially guaranteed that sizeof(size_t) == sizeof(void*)?
But theoretically not, right?
I mean, you know, I wonder, in the absence of widespread C99 support, what to store pointers in if I really want an integer, and later back to a pointer, with no loss. Long is not it, it is wrong on Win64.

size_t is correct on Win32 and Win64, and I /suspect/ all present and future-forseeable systems.
I think it might have been write on some older systems.

 - Jay