[PATCH] Lexra support in binutils

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 13:42:00 GMT 2008


Hi Sergey,

> Of course, so I have produced this patch based on these suggestions and got no
> answer at that time:
> 
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-09/msg00165.html

Sorry - my bad - I thought that was a reposting of your original patch 
rather than an updated version.

> Of course I will but I need advice on that changes (some smaller tips on
> what change), since I'm not yet familarized myself with mainline
> binutils yet.

I think that you will find that apart from a some line number changes 
most of the code you are patching is essentially the same now as it was 
at the time of the 2.17 release.  I suggest that you go ahead and apply 
your current patch to the mainline sources, applying the rejected 
portions by hand, and then (re)build and (re)test a mips toolchain to 
make sure that everything is still working.

In fact I would say that the only thing currently missing from your 
patch is a set of ChangeLog entries for the directories affected by the 
changes and maybe an entry in the gas/NEWS file mentioning the support 
for the Lexra.

Cheers
   Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list