[needs GWP] Fix CFI directives for MIPS16

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Sun Nov 23 21:43:00 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 05:09:41PM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> I think it would be better if .cfi_startproc used ISA-encoded start
> addresses, which is what we've traditionally used in pre-.cfi FDEs.

You could probably guess this was coming from our earlier conversation
about symbol size... but would you mind explaining your take on "better" a
little?

I think non-encoded addresses would make more sense; and FWIW that's
what Thumb does.  If they're encoded, GDB can't reliably find the FDE
for the first instruction of the function.  Execution mode should not
matter to the DWARF consumer.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery