Xtensa states with the shared_or attribute

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Wed Nov 19 23:09:00 GMT 2008

Sterling Augustine wrote:
> Certain Xtensa configurations allow certain states to be written by
> multiple opcodes within the same FLIX bundle. However, the current
> assembler prohibits this. This patch introduces a function that detects
> these states, and into gas code to allow such bundles where it once
> rejected them.
>
> I see no unexpected failures when I run the gas testsuite
>
> Sterling
>
> bfd/ChangeLog
> 2008-11-19  Sterling Augustine  <sterling@tensilica.com>
>
> 	* xtensa-isa.c (xtensa_state_is_shared_or): New function.
>
> gas/ChangeLog
> 2008-11-19  Sterling Augustine  <sterling@tensilica.com>
>
> 	* config/tc-xtensa.c: (check_t1_t2_reads_and_writes): Call
> 	xtensa_state_is_shared_or to allow multiple opcodes within a
> 	single FLIX bundle to write to these special states.
>
> include/ChangeLog
> 2008-11-19  Sterling Augustine  <sterling@tensilica.com>
>
> 	* xtensa-isa-internal.h: (XTENSA_STATE_IS_SHARED_OR): New flag.
> 	* xtensa-isa.h: (xtensa_state_is_shared_or): New prototype.

This is OK.  I just noticed there are some extra colons in some of the ChangeLog
entries.  You can just put a space between the file name and the opening
parenthesis -- you don't need a colon there.  Please go ahead and commit it with
that change.