[ping] [patch] ARM support for long calls

Christophe LYON christophe.lyon@st.com
Fri May 23 09:16:00 GMT 2008

Hi Nick,

Thanks again for your support. I am fine with the wording you have
finally checked in.

I have found a few issues with my patch, and here is attached the
corresponding fix.

Here is what is fixed now:
- in some tests, encoding was incorrect (ld-arm/farcall-thumb-arm,
ld-arm/farcall-thumb-arm-blx, ld-arm/farcall-thumb-arm-blx-pic-veneer).
This implied adding -W to gas flags in order not to be bothered by a
"Failed to find real start of function" warning.

- in some tests, destination symbols were converted to STT_SECTION type
by gas. However, in this case we can not tell if the destination symbol
is arm or thumb, so we no longer generate a stub. This is checked by
ld-arm/farcall-section. ld-arm/farcall-arm-arm.s,
ld-arm/farcall-thumb-arm.s were fixed so that the destination is of
function type.

- when stubs were necessary from several input sections, mapping symbols
could be generated in the wrong place. This is checked with
ld-arm/farcall-mix and ld-arm/farcall-mix2.

- tests exhibiting what --stub-group-size does have been added in
ld-arm/farcall-group.

Are you OK with this?

Christophe.