[Xtensa] fix a performance problem in GAS

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Mon Mar 3 23:30:00 GMT 2008

Sterling Augustine did some profiling of GAS and found that for some inputs the
Xtensa port was spending a lot of time repeatedly finding the maximum pipeline
stage number.  He fixed GAS to save this value and only compute it once.  Just
for good measure, I also fixed it in the xtensa-isa.c code.  I tested both
changes by running the testsuites for an xtensa-elf target.  Committed.

bfd/
2008-03-03  Bob Wilson  <bob.wilson@acm.org>

	* xtensa-isa.c (xtensa_isa_num_pipe_stages): Make max_stage static and
	only compute its value once.

gas/
2008-03-03  Sterling Augustine  <sterling@tensilica.com>
	    Bob Wilson  <bob.wilson@acm.org>

	* config/tc-xtensa.c (xtensa_num_pipe_stages): New.
	(md_begin): Initialize it.
	(resources_conflict): Use it.