Help with binutils testsuite

Joseph S. Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Mon Jun 23 15:28:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Fabio ARNONE wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm wrestling with dejagnu/binutils testsuite.
>
> My enviroment is composed of:
> - linux host PC (SH4 cross compiler)
> - target SH4 board (sh4-linux-gcc)
> - NFS

This is not an adequate description of the environment.

What is the build system (the system on which you run the "runtest" or
"make check" command)?

What is the host system (the system on which the binutils programs you are
testing themselves run)?

What is the target system (the system for which those binutils programs
generate code)?

What --host_board argument do you pass to runtest?

What --target_board argument do you pass to runtest?

>From the information you give, I cannot figure out whether the host is the
build system, the target system or neither.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com