Patch bfd/doc/Makefile.am and Interix 64bit target

Jerker Bäck jerker.back@telia.com
Sun Jun 22 14:06:00 GMT 2008


Could this be changed?
My compiler doesn't like to have options after the source file.
This patch simply move the source file last in the command.

Some questions:
Is this the preferred way to propose changes in binutils?
Is the patch format OK?

I also would like to add my target to binutils:
x86_64-*-interix*

Is that OK? How to do that in a preferred way?
Is it better to attach a file with changes?

Thanks
Jerker

--------------------------------------------------------

diff -urp src.old/bfd/doc/Makefile.am src/bfd/doc/Makefile.am
--- src.old/bfd/doc/Makefile.am	Mon Apr  9 17:36:44 2007
+++ src/bfd/doc/Makefile.am	Sun Jan  6 11:03:16 2008
@@ -60,9 +60,8 @@ INCLUDES = -I.. -I$(srcdir)/.. -I$(srcdi
 	-I$(srcdir)/../../intl -I../../intl
 
 $(MKDOC): $(srcdir)/chew.c
-	$(CC_FOR_BUILD) -o chew.$$$$ $(srcdir)/chew.c \
-	  $(CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD) $(LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD) $(H_CFLAGS) \
-	  $(INCLUDES); \
+	$(CC_FOR_BUILD) -o chew.$$$$ $(CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD)
$(LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD) \
+	$(H_CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $(srcdir)/chew.c; \
 	$(SHELL) $(srcdir)/../../move-if-change chew.$$$$ $(MKDOC)
 
 chew.o: chew.c

--------------------------------------------------------



More information about the Binutils mailing list