dynamic sections

M R Swami Reddy MR.Swami.Reddy@nsc.com
Thu Jun 5 07:51:00 GMT 2008

Hello Nick,
Could you please advise me for the below issue?

  Issue: I am in process of adding the PIC support for CR16 target and I
  have added required code changes to Assembler tools, such that, its able
  to parse the @GOT and others and generate the GOT related relocations.
  After that I have added a few functions to BFD section (ie elf32-cr16.c
  file) for dynamic sections creation, got section creation etc.

  Now, problem is, these new functions added for creating the dynamic
  sections are NOT called/used at final linking, even though those functions
  are present and elf_back_dynamic.. macros defined.

  Could you please advise, if I miss some thing here (ie either linker/assembler
or BFD sections)

  Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions/ideas.

  Thanks,
  Swami