Binutils-2.18 testsuite

Fabio ARNONE fabio.arnone@st.com
Wed Jun 4 10:08:00 GMT 2008


Dear all,

The attached patches fixes unexpected failures, dued to: 
- Some result files (like readelf.r) miss the check terminator string i.e. XYZ0ZYX.
- If the host and target, are different machines (like my case) you have to be sure that each test is run in the proper machine (host PC, target SH4).

I also patched dejagnu-1.4.4/lib/rsh.exp
(I launch the binutils testsuite from my linux PC to the Sh4 board by ssh) 

My enviroment is:
- Host: Linux PC; sh4 cross compiler installed.
- Target: embedded sh4 board; sh4-linux-gcc installed
- FS: NFS

without patch I had the following fails: 
  === binutils Summary ===
# of expected passes            27
# of unexpected failures        17
                      


Welcome comments
Fabio Arnone

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: rsh_fix.patch
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1295 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20080604/03c9bc59/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-2.18_test_fix.patch
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 12723 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20080604/03c9bc59/attachment-0001.obj>


More information about the Binutils mailing list