big endian i86

Nathan Sidwell nathan@codesourcery.com
Sun Jun 1 12:30:00 GMT 2008

Nick,

>   /* Ignore generic big and little endian elf vectors.  */
>   if (   strcmp (target->name, "elf32-big") == 0
>       || strcmp (target->name, "elf64-big") == 0
>       || strcmp (target->name, "elf32-little") == 0
>       || strcmp (target->name, "elf64-little") == 0)
>     return 0;
>
> I would also suggest that you turn this issue into a PR and then include
> the PR number in the comment.  That way if we have cause to revisit this
> code in the future we will have a PR to look up to see why the change
> was made.

you appear to have checked this patch in as part of your 1.286 commit, but w/o
changelog entry.  I guess that was accidental -- I don't mind :)

I'm curious about the PR idea -- for GCC we specifically don't mention pr
numbers in comments, the comments should stand on their own.

nathan
--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery