RFC: Change in dwarf2dbg using sizeof_offset

Kai Tietz Kai.Tietz@onevision.com
Tue Jul 29 10:28:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

has I noticed uses dwarf2dbg.c for TC_DWARF2_EMIT_OFFSET in some places
the sizeof 4 bytes instead of sizeof_offset. This is a major problem for
the w64 target, because section relative relocation have to be 64-bit
wide, and there is no useful 32-bit relocation, which could handle this. I
would suggest to change those dw2 types, like DW_AT_stmt_list and the
arange to use sizeof_offset instead.
Is this already a bug, or is this a major change? I saw already comments
about this issue in source code, too.

Cheers,
Kai