Problem with LD-to-LE relaxation in gnu2 tls-dialect (IA32 and X86-64)

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 20:34:00 GMT 2008

On Jul 15, 2008, "H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the old link-time testcase doesn't catch the error. How can we be
> sure that the updated link-time testcase will catch the error?

Well, because I took code from an actual run-time testcase and put in
it, which I hadn't done before.

> I would like to see a run-time testcase if possible.

I don't even know whether the GNU ld testsuite has infrastructure for
that, but what I can say at this point is that a run-time testcase
would be redundant, and it wouldn't work in cross-compilation
settings.

That said, I wouldn't oppose if someone else were to turn the program
I attached into a testcase.  If that is requested of me as a condition
for acceptance of the fix, I could use a pointer to other run-time
tests in the GNU ld testsuite.

Thanks,