PATCH [v3]: makes --gc-sections compatible with -r/-q
Tristan Gingold
gingold@adacore.com
Fri Jan 25 17:33:00 GMT 2008
On Jan 24, 2008, at 2:08 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:50:24PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> The object file for ppc64 is attached. That is the only remaining
>> failure now.
>
> ppc64 is failing because ppc64_elf_gc_mark_hook isn't smart enough to
> allow unused variables to be dropped. It needs to treat .toc like
> .opd, ie. not mark .toc when a reloc references .toc, but instead
> mark the section referenced by that .toc entry.
>
> If you'd like, xfail them for ppc64 at the moment. I don't think I'll
> get around to fixing this problem in the near future.
Given this indication, xfail them is fine for me. I don't think
there is a real use of
-r/-q + --gc-section on ppc64.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list