PATCH: PR gas/5534: "XXX PTR" isn't checked properly inIntelsyntax

H.J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Tue Jan 15 01:02:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:59:29AM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >Unspecified means size can be unspecified. AnySize means any size
> >is ok.
>
> But you continue to have Unspecified in places where a size specification
> is a requirement (at least in Intel syntax; I never got any clarification on
> whether AT&T syntax silently enforcing a certain size if none was
> specified is really intended behavior).

As you mentioned above, since for some instructions, the old assembler
selected a default size even in Intel mode when size isn't provided, I
used Unspecified on them. Otherwise, the new assembler will be
incompatible with the old one. I will enforce the operand size on
new instructions for both Intel and AT&T modes when more than 1
size are available.

H.J.