Help with linker script to relocate a .note section

Tim Rightnour root@garbled.net
Tue Jan 8 14:35:00 GMT 2008

On 07-Jan-2008 Paul Koning wrote:
> Having the ability to put NOTE sections up front is useful because
> they can then be used to put markers in the image that are seen when
> it is loaded.  That's what I needed to do.  In the end I ended up
> creating a custom tool to create the NOTE section directly, rather
> than relying on compiler/linker to do it.

Right, and thats exactly what I'm trying to do here.  I was really hoping I
could lay the binary out the way I wanted to with ld, rather than having to
write a program to mangle the finished binary for me.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/