[OBJDUMP debugging] inlined enum

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 04:12:00 GMT 2008

Hi Giovanni,

> I'm looking at --debugging* options of objdump.

Which version are you using ?

> For some object I'm debugging, I can see a strange debugging type report:
> Example:
>
> typedef enum { E_A, E_B, E_C } ENUM_E;
> typedef struct { ENUM_E e; } STRUCT_S;
>
> debugging report:
>
> typedef struct { enum { E_A, E_B, E_C } e; } STRUCT_S;

For which target is this ?

I tried the above test with an i686-pc-cygwin toolchain built from today's
mainline GCC sources and mainline binutils sources and I see this output:

   typedef enum { E_A, E_B, E_C } ENUM_E;
   typedef struct %anon1 { /* size 4 */
     ENUM_E e; /* bitsize 32, bitpos 0 */
   } STRUCT_S;