gnu-ld: looping in map_segments

John Breitenbach breiten@lexmark.com
Tue Feb 26 14:15:00 GMT 2008

Hi,
  We began getting this message after a few supposedly benign changes to
our big app (800+- modules + libraries) the other day.  This is using
GNU ld version 2.17 20061206 build for ppc-linux-elf hostest on x86
Linux (RHEL4)

I'll try to get the latest and greatest version this evening to see if
the problem goes away.  I'll also work on reverting changes to a few C
files to see what caused the error message to begin showing up.

But even if the latest version works, upgrading is painful, and I'd like
to know what the problem is in hopes that a linker script change could
avoid this problem.

Thanks,
John Breitenbach