Testsuite failure for gold on x86_64 Fedora 9

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Dec 12 15:45:00 GMT 2008

Kris Van Hees <kris.van.hees@oracle.com> writes:

> While I was testing the automated nightly build-and-test setup for binutils and
> gold in labrat (a very lightweight automated build-and-test framework we are
> using to test the status of packages throughout their development), I noticed
> that the gold testsuite actually shows a failure on x86-64 on Fedora 9 (I did
> not check another distribution yet).
>
> The quote from the testsuite output is:
>
> PASS: tls_shared_gnu2_gd_to_ie_test
> ./tls_shared_gnu2_test: error while loading shared libraries: ./tls_test_gnu2_shared.so: unexpected reloc type 0x24
> FAIL: tls_shared_gnu2_test
> PASS: tls_static_test

Yes, thanks.  The compiler supports -mtls-dialect=gnu2 but glibc does
not.  We just need to fix the configure test for whether glibc
supports the new relocations.  I assumed that they would be
implemented by glibc 2.5, but they weren't.  I'm not sure that they
are implemented even today.  I haven't gotten around to figuring out
whether and when they are implemented.

Ian