Dead easy question - if you already know...

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 22 14:58:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 06:13:27PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>   The standard idiom in bfd to find out if you're doing a relocatable or final
> link is to test if the output bfd pointer is NULL; if so, you're doing a final
> link, else you're doing a relocatable one.

This true of the relocation howto functions, but it is certainly not
true in general.  The output bfd is passed in many other function.
I don't know why the relocation howto functions were written that
way.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM