[Craig Silverstein] PATCH: new format for compressed sections

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Apr 3 14:18:00 GMT 2008

I committed this patch for Craig.

Date: Thu,  3 Apr 2008 00:19:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: csilvers@google.com (Craig Silverstein)

This patch goes along with the patch I've sent to the gdb folks, to
change the format of compressed debugging sections.  I now store the
uncompressed length in the section proper, rather than in the section
name, so files will have dependable section names.

In the process of doing this, I noticed some brokenness in the
testsuite Makefiles for testing this feature.

craig

--cut here--

2008-04-03  Craig Silverstein  <csilvers@google.com>

	* compressed_output.h (class Output_compressed_section): Use
        unsigned buffer.
	* compressed_output.cc (zlib_compress): Use unsigned buffers,
        add zlib header.
	(zlib_compressed_suffix): Removed.
	(Output_compressed_section::set_final_data_size): Use unsigned
        buffers.
	* testsuite/Makefile.am (flagstest_compress_debug_sections):
        Fix linker invocation.
	(flagstest_o_specialfile_and_compress_debug_sections):
        Likewise.
	* testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerated.