PATCH: Fix gold problem with weak undefined symbols

Cary Coutant ccoutant@google.com
Wed Apr 2 00:13:00 GMT 2008

>  > This patch fixes a problem in gold where it incorrectly generates a
>  > dynamic relocation for a reference to a weak undefined symbol, or for
>  > a reference to an absolute symbol.
>  >
>  > OK to commit?
>
>  Why is this really the right behavior?  Is it what GNU ld does?
>  The description sounds very surprising...

Yep, that appears to be what GNU ld does -- the test case passes for
GNU ld, and I see no dynamic relocation for the weak undef symbol. It
was surprising to me, too, which is why gold didn't do this
originally.

-cary