[patch] General info in AS listings

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 08:39:00 GMT 2008

Hi Santiago,

> So if this patch was accepted, my next e-mail would ask if gas has any
> "default" options similar to the 'options enabled' gcc output to add
> that field to this general info section. I suppose that some
> architectures has some options that are enabled by default in each
> version of gas, and that is more difficult to obtain using an external
> tool. I know that the -a option currently implies -alhs, but it's more
> interesting to know default options for the generated code.

A fair point.  The short answer to your question is that no, generally
gas does not have any default options enabled.  But of course the
backends can enable options as they wish and they have their own
selection of options, some of which may be enabled by default.  In order
to truly answer that question we would need to have a more formal
approach to command line options, which a data structure associated with
each option and some way of telling who/what enabled/disabled the option.