Cross toolchain problem.

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 16:01:00 GMT 2007

Hi Sjei,

> Sorry for the double post, Nick. The first message
> was rejected by the mailing list.

Strange, it actually showed up in the list's archives...

>>> I don't think there are any. Using the results of
>>> $(target)-gcc -v
>>> I can manually link the app by directly invoking
>>> $(target)-ld without the -lgcc_s flag and not
>>> receive any errors about unresolved symbols.

But if you look in the resulting executable you will still find references to
undefined symbols.  In particular symbols like ____deregister_frame_info.
Note - these are weak references so the absence of their definitions does not
cause a link time error, but their presence does mean that libgcc_s.so.1 will
be linked in if it is included on the linker command line.