Cross toolchain problem.

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 09:05:00 GMT 2007

Hi Sjei,

> The limits.h in my
> $prefix/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnu/4.2.1/include built by
> gcc seems to not include the
>
> #ifdef _GCC_NEXT_LIMITS_H
> #include_next <limits.h>  /* recurse down to the
> real one */
> #endif
>
> lines which are present on my native gcc, causing
> the compilation errors.

This would appear to be a gcc installation problem then.  Quite a serious one
too, if programs cannot use #include <limits.h> safely.  Have you investigated
the cause and tried rebuilding/reinstalling the gcc from scratch ?

> Another problem is binaries for straight C code
> get unncessarily linked to libgcc_s.so.1
> (similar to this:
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/binutils/2005-07/msg00476.html).

Check for symbol references in the startup files that are being resolved by the
libgcc_s.so.1.