Haunted Halloween fun at Mountain Village 1890!

Mountain Village 1890 living@1890village.com
Sat Sep 15 06:20:00 GMT 2007

Central Arkansas Society for Paranormal Research

http://www.casprquest.com/privateten.htm

Haunted Mountain Village 1890

http://www.1890village.com/

Mountain Village 1890
Bull Shoals Caverns
1011 C. S. Woods Boulevard
P. O. Box 444
Bull Shoals, Arkansas 72619
Phone: (870) 445-7177
Toll free: (800) 445-7177

As quoted from their web site:  "Mountain Village 1890, an historic re-creation of an Ozark settlement, is a living tribute to the pioneers who first settled this remote part of the country. These were hardy men and women who followed the trails into our mountains from the Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia. The village is a Bull Shoals, Arkansas, attraction that draws families, particularly those interested in local or living history, from across the United States."

Find out more by visiting the village at www.1890village.com

Current Sightings and Experiences:

The 1890s Village was bought in October, 2006 by the Oates family and is currently under the management of siblings, David, Steve, and Ginger. Steve's girlfriend and bride to be, Stephanie, helps with day to day operations as well.

The family is from Tampa, Florida, and had no idea that the Village and Caverns they just purchased were inhabited by ghostly spirits. Each one was equally surprised by their own personal encounters with the paranormal on the grounds, inside the buildings and even inside the ancient caverns.  Finally, after many unexplainable experiences, they called in our team of investigators to validate the hauntings.

As related to CASPR investigators, all of the owners and employees experience what they call a sense of being "watched" as if someone is standing right behind them. Many people have reported seeing ghostly figures dressed in Civil War uniforms as well as dark, shadowy figures that disappear when you turn to look directly at them.

Steve said, "I was in the back of the cave in Diamond Chapel sweeping water out the back gate when I heard a voice in the room say "what are you doing?"  I looked around and I was thinking that Marvin was in there or some of the kids that were coming for a field trip that day, so I didn't think much of it at the moment and kept on sweeping. Then, I started hearing whisperings, kind of like mumblings and murmurings and thought the kids were coming in.  I went out of the cave and all the way to the top of the hill before I saw anyone.  At that time I was getting very anxious and nervous and called up everyone to see where they were, to see if anyone was playing a joke on me. Marvin and Ginger were up front in the Depot talking with the kids so I had been all alone in the cave."

Ginger Oates said, "Around midnight a few weeks ago, we (she and brothers, Steve and David) noticed that one of the shutters had come open on the Jordan house. Steve said that was odd and shouldn't have happened. We had a flashlight so we walked over there to check it out.  Just a few feet away from the shutter, we heard laughter. I thought the guys were cutting up, but it wasn't them. Whatever this thing was seemed to be right behind us, the laughter was very loud, and it just seemed like another person was in the room.  It didn't feel sinister at all.  It sounded like a young person, but you couldn't really tell if it was a young girl or boy. Something was definitely in there with us."

David Oates had a slightly different experience that night in the Jordan house, which is not unusual with paranormal occurrences. CASPR has discovered that although a group of people may all hear or feel the same unexplainable event, some come away with more of an experience than others.

David said, "The first thing I heard that night in the Jordan house was a very loud, heavy sigh.  Then came the child-like laughter.  It didn't feel threatening at all."

Equipment Used:

6 Super Night Shot Video Cameras

5 DVR's (Digital Voice Recorders)

6 Digital Cameras and EMF Meters

Reported Sightings and Experiences:

The Church:

Upon arrival, CASPR Director, Karen went to the church to set up her video equipment. She took out her Gauss EMF meter and began to sweep the pews and pulpit area.  Nothing registered, then, as she moved to the other side of the church, her EMF detector went off while sweeping it across one of the pews.  The meter chirped loudly, then silenced as she moved to the right.  Immediately, upon hearing the tone, she swept back across the same area and it sounded off again.  Then, it was gone.  She says that it was as if someone unseen was sitting in the pew. There is no electricity in the church and later an extension cord was run from the depot to accommodate the cameras. At this time, there was absolutely nothing inside the church that could have caused the EMF detector to go off.

If anyone has information regarding this church from Blue Eye, MO, please contact us at info@casprquest.com

The Coffin Shop:     An investigator was asking questions while attempting to capture EVP in the area that houses the coffins.  She asks, "Is anyone here?" On the digital voice recorder, you can hear the voice of someone who is not present on the investigation say, "He's not."  Shortly after capturing this unearthly voice on the recorder, the investigator stepped up to the largest coffin and stood with her back to the inside.  She felt an unseen hand touch her around her wrist.

The Jordan House:  Karen and Julie felt a distinct cold spot near a latched closet while walking around the cabin together.  Also, Julie got the impression that a child had been inside the area under a small trap door in the floor, having either been kept there or perhaps used it as a hiding spot.

The Caverns: Rhonda and Heather were alone in the cavern walking around with a digital voice recorder. A very strange sound can be heard in the background that sounds like a high pitched cat's meow.  This EVP is still under review.

Summary and Conclusions:

Summary of Activity current owners reported:

    *
      Childlike laughter (Jordan house)
    *
      Rocking chair moved (Jordan house)
    *
      Good feelings (comfortable and warm at Uncle Willie's Cabin)
    *
      Orbs in caverns
    *
      Voice in Cavern "What are you doing?" Then various whisperings, mumblings, murmurings even though Steve was alone in the cave.
    *
      Man in Union uniform seen near Jordan house (Mr. Jordan was a confederate soldier)
    *
      Shutters closing that the owners had opened and latched. (Jordan house)
    *
      Shadowy figure that faded away - by blacksmith shop

Investigation notes about moving objects:

Objects we observed that had been moved: (could be other explanations) We found a shutter closed and notified the owner, Steve. He told us it had been opened and latched during the day. A basket was out of place in Uncle Willie's house (had been moved to the bed).

MORE TO COME!