Support for ELF's STT_COMMON symbol type

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 15:11:00 GMT 2007

Hi Guys,

   Right, I have checked my patch in.  (It was becoming very annoying to have
to revet parts of it locally, in order to process other patches).  I have set
the default behaviour to be not to use STT_COMMON in executables or shared
libraries, so the patch will not affect loaders.

   I agree with H.J. that we do need to have a second type of common in order
to be able to fully implement the ELF specification for the STT_COMMON symbol
type, so I will work on that over the next few weeks.