PATCH: Update DWARF3 decoding ability

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 15:35:00 GMT 2007

Hi Guys,

   I am applying the attached patch to update readelf's (and objdump's) ability
to display DWARF3 debug information.  It adds support for some of the new
values defined in the DWARF3 spec.  I also updated the dwarf2.h header to
mention where the DWARF3 spec can be found on the web, and to put the in proper
names for a couple of deprecated strings.

include/elf/ChangeLog
2007-11-16  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* dwarf2.h: Mention the location of the DWARF3 spec on the web.
	(DW_AT_stride_size): Rename to DW_AT_bit_stride.
	(DW_AT_stride): Rename to DW_AT_byte_stride.

binutils/ChangeLog
2007-11-16  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* dwarf.c (process_extended_line_op): Add cases for HP extensions
	to the line ops.  Mention if an unknown op code is in the user
	defined range.
	(decode_location_expression): Add cases for HP extensions, the
	DW_OP_GNU_uninit extension and the DW_OP_call_frame_cfa and
	DW_OP_bit_piece DWARF3 operators.
	(read_and_display_attr): Correct list of attributes which can
	reference a location list.
	(read_and_display_attr_value): Add cases for DWARF3 values and HP
	extensions.
	Correct list of attributes which can reference a location list.
	(get_AT_name): Add cases for DWARF3 values and HP and PGI
	extensions.