[ia64] objcopy and constant-gp

Jakub Jermar jakub@jermar.eu
Mon Nov 12 17:20:00 GMT 2007


Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
> 
>>>       .section foo, "a", @progbits
>>>       .incbin "the_binary_file"
>>
>> this works. But it is rather an acceptable workaround.
> 
> I think that you might mean "unacceptable" here... :-)

Acceptable was just right.
It did the job for me, but I'd do it differently if the tool supported it.

>> I think that adding a flag to objcopy that would allow one to set file 
>> header flags will be a little bit better.
> 
> But very target specific if you want to use printable names for the flag 
> bits.  Still it is a feature that might prove useful to other people, so 
> if you want to implement it then please go ahead.

Hm, then maybe hex values would do... Anyway, objdump and readelf can 
print those hex values in human-readable ways (eg. constant-gp). Sorry, 
I don't see myself implementing this anytime soon :-)

Regards,
Jakub



More information about the Binutils mailing list