Is a "Windows Message compiler" desired as Tool in binutils?

Ross Ridge rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 31 14:42:00 GMT 2007

Christian Groessler writes:
>I in fact would like to have it. Currently, when I build a win program
>which writes to the event log with mingw, I have to use the mc program
>from msvc. It would be nice not to be dependent on msvc.

If you want a "free as in beer" source for the Microsoft message compiler
(mc), you can also get it from the Windows SDK (and the older Platform
SDK).  I use the Microsoft resource compiler when bugs in binutil's
windres prevent it from working.

					Ross Ridge