Patch to update libtool in GCC and binutils trees

Paolo Bonzini paolo.bonzini@lu.unisi.ch
Mon Mar 26 18:04:00 GMT 2007

Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I tested the new libtool on HP-UX and Linux over the weekend.  The
> builds all worked fine but I got many C++ failures during testing on
> IA64 HP-UX, PA HP-UX (32 bits), and x86_64 Linux.  All the failures
> seemed to involve trouble finding the libstdc++ library when linking
> test programs.  On IA64 HP-UX, testing worked in default 32 bit mode but
> failed in 64 bit mode because we have a -L that finds the 32 bit
> libstdc++ library before one that finds the 64 bit version.  On PA and
> x86_64, we just don't seem to find libstdc++ at all.
>
> I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks.  By the way, next time it's best if you don't post the
new libtool files as a patch, but just attach them or a .tar.gz
of them.  Just post the configure.ac/Makefile.am changes as diffs.

Sorry for not asking for this the previous time.

Paolo