Patch: PR 4607: probe_binary() in windres fails for recognizing very small .res files

Kai Tietz Kai.Tietz@onevision.com
Mon Jun 18 09:36:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

Suggested patch for PR4607. It is obvious (if seen)  ;)
Within the function probe_binary () by using methodd read_res_data_hdr ()
- which increases the offset by BIN_RES_HDR_SIZE - the size of the header
is calcuted wrong. The offset BIN_RES_HDR_SIZE - which is part of the
returned "reshdr.header_size" - is taken into account twice. This can lead
to problems with res-files containing resource data with a size of less
than 8 bytes.
I changed the comment in my patch by quoting function and variable
references for better reading (as requested).

ChangeLog:

2007-06-11  Kai Tietz   <kai.tietz@onevision.com>

        * binutils/resres.c: (probe_binary): Do not
        double count BIN_RES_HDR_SIZE offset.

Cheers,
 i.A. Kai Tietz

|  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
| (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
| (")_(") world domination.

  OneVision Software Entwicklungs GmbH & Co. KG
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Straße 9 - 93049 Regensburg
  Tel: +49.(0)941.78004.0 - Fax: +49.(0)941.78004.489 - www.OneVision.com
  Commerzbank Regensburg - BLZ 750 400 62 - Konto 6011050
  Handelsregister: HRA 6744, Amtsgericht Regensburg
  Komplementärin: OneVision Software Entwicklungs Verwaltungs GmbH
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Straße 9 – 93049 Regensburg
  Handelsregister: HRB 8932, Amtsgericht Regensburg - Geschäftsführer:
Ulrike Döhler, Manuela Kluger