PATCH: Check symbol type for symbol alias

Richard Sandiford richard@codesourcery.com
Fri Jul 20 12:50:00 GMT 2007

"H.J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
> Here is a patch to add a testcase and check symbol type for symbol
> alias.

In case anyone's in any doubt, this really doesn't fix my original
problem.  Although the strong symbol in the test's shared library was
defined by the linker script, that was mostly for test convenience.
We can still have a situation in which an object symbol "bar" in a
shared library is overridden by an assignment "PROVIDE (bar = .);" in
the linker script of an object being linked against the shared library.
(And as I said in the covering note, we do handle that situation
correctly; we use relocations against the original weak symbol instead.)
I can adjust the testcase in the obvious way if this patch goes in.

Richard