PATCH: PR binutils/4756: addr2line fails on relocatable linux kernel

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Mon Jul 9 19:52:00 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:43:40AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> bfd_simple_get_relocated_section_content shouldn't apply relocations
> on executable and shared library with relocations. This patch uses
> the same check in binutils/objdump.c.

Do you see any way to fix this that does not drop support for shared
libraries where debug info has not been relocated?

I don't think so, and I do not object to your patch.  But this
function was originally added for shared libraries, not for ET_REL
objects.  I'm sure you remember the several different ways binutils
treated relocations in shared library debug info over time.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery