x86_64: memory issues with gnujava in latest binutils

Andreas Radke a.radke@arcor.de
Sat Jul 7 17:05:00 GMT 2007

Am Fri, 6 Jul 2007 06:04:50 -0700
schrieb "H.J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>:

> Which process eats up all memory?

the soffice.bin one when running OOo.

> I never heard of it. If you believe it is a binutils bug, please open
> a bug report at
>
> http://www.sourceware.org/bugzilla/
>
> and show us how to reproduce it on our systesm. I have Fedora Core 6
> and Fedora 7.
>

> H.J.

we have built new binutils without further changes.

http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/base/binutils/PKGBUILD?rev=1.36&cvsroot=Current&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

then gcc rebuild with gcc-hash-style-both.patch from Fedora to enable
gnu.hashing

http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/base/gcc/PKGBUILD?rev=1.70&cvsroot=Current&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

then glibc rebuild without further changes.

As soon as I install the new glibc pkg alone or together with the other
new packages calling the OpenOffice Java-Wizards in Writer like "letter
wizard" it runs ot of memory.

Andreas