nanosecond delay

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 09:29:00 GMT 2007

Hi Sridhar,

>   I am new to ARM Linux, Using GCC compiler v3.3.2,

Note - this is an old version of the compiler.  You may have better
results if you upgrade to a newer version.

> i heard
> about GAS assember but i don't where i will get it,how to install it and
> how to use it?

If you are using gcc then you alread have gas installed.  cc1 - the C
compiler that is part of the gcc toolchain - just produces assembler
output.  gcc (the program) then calls gas to assemble this output into
object files.

Try reading the "inline assembler" section of the gcc manual for more
information about how you can include assembly instructions in a C
source file.