PATCH: Use AC_DEFUN instead of m4_defun in libtool.m4

H.J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Mon Jul 2 06:14:00 GMT 2007


On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 12:37:32AM -0500, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 22:09 -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 06:59:52AM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > > 
> > > >It is fixed in th next libtool. Should I check in my work around
> > > >in gcc and src?
> > > 
> > > No, please test their bugfix and see if it works for you (just trying to 
> > > minimize the chance that it breaks next time we update).
> > 
> > I have no time to test libtool. I will leave it ASIS.
> 
> I think you misunderstand, it is fixed in the version of libtool that
> gcc is using, but gcc is missing a file, lt~obsolete.m4.

I don't get it. Shouldn't libtool in gcc require lt~obsolete.m4 so
that it won't be missing in the first place? To me, a missing
lt~obsolete.m4 is a bug in libtool.


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list