[patch][rfc] Complex Relocations gas and bfd

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 14:32:00 GMT 2007

Hi Dave,

>> One point though - with a new feature like this there really ought
>> to be some new testsuite entries to

> I'm wondering how this could be done. As I understand it, relocations
> are applied to fields in insns. How could we construct test cases which
> are not specific to a given ISA?

Frank Eigler mentioned one way - extending GAS to allow the generation
of complex expressions in a target neutral way.  Another way might be to
create a new "generic" target which uses the complex relocations but
which does not represent a real architecture.  (This target might also
be used as a template for creating new target ports).