[patch][new port] Toshiba Media Processor (MeP)
Dave Brolley
brolley@redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 17:12:00 GMT 2007
Thanks for looking at this patch Nick!
Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
>> Attached is a patch for existing files, the contents of new files and
>> ChangeLog entries.
>>
>> Seeking approval to commit.
>
> I have some issues with this patch:
>
> * mep.binutils.ChangeLog: Surely we do not need the entire set of Red
> Hat local ChangeLog entries for this port. A single entry specifying
> which new files have been added and which generic files have been
> modified would be better.
OK - reworked ChangeLog to come
>
> * The MeP files in the opcodes directory are missing, as are the GAS
> and LD mep specific testsuite directories.
OK- I'll provide these with my updated patch.
>
> * The file mep-relocs.pl is only copyright'ed to Red Hat, there is no
> assignment of the copyright to the FSF.
OK
>
> * You do not mention it, but I assume that there is a patch to the top
> level config.sub file that is being submitted to the config project to
> add support for the mep target ?
Yes, already done and approved. The MAINTAINERS file in the root of the
source tree mentioned notifying binutils of committed patches. Should I
have also posted the patch before approval?
>
> * The patch does appear to have a dependency upon the complex relocs
> patch that you also submitted - the function mep_info_to_howto_rela()
> in bfd/elf32-mep.c uses it.
Yes. I will not commit this patch until the complex relocs patch has
been approved and committed.
>
> Cheers
> Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list