CVS head building failed

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Jan 22 11:49:00 GMT 2007

Hi Masaki,

> Then, I can't see why I failed to build...

Good point.  I have investigated a little further...

 >> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src export -d
 >>   binutils-head -r HEAD binutils

It failed because of a bug in the "cvs" command.  The "-d binutils-head"
option was causing it to check out the contents of *all* of the top
level binutils subdirectories into one directory called "binutils-head".
  ie the contents of the bfd/ directory and the contents of the ld/
directory and the contents of the gas/ directory (etc) were all being
placed into the binutils-head directory, rather than into
sub-directories (called bfd, ld, gas etc) of the binutils-head directory.

As a workaround you could use the following two commands:

   $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src export -r HEAD
      binutils
   $ mv src binutils-head